To save time in the morning, prepare the yogurt mixture the night before and use blueberries and raspberries to reduce prep time.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3¼ cups water
- 2 cups Greek or coconut yogurt
- 1½ Tbs chia seeds
- 1 Tbs real maple syrup, plus additional for serving
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Spray the Instant Pot cooking container with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add steel cut oats and water and stir to combine. Cover with lid and lock into position, then flip the pressure valve to the “Sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button and select the high heat setting. Set cook time to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- While the oats cook, combine yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- When cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot to prevent scorching. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and stir the contents to combine. Transfer the cooked oats to individual serving bowls. Heap the oats a little higher on one side of the bowl and spoon the yogurt mixture onto the other half.
- Arrange the strawberries and blueberries between the two halves for a nice presentation. Serve immediately with additional maple syrup on the side, if desired.
© 2021 The Recipe Cookbook