- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ lbs. sirloin steak
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Generously coat the steak with the herbed mustard on all sides. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Swirl hot skillet to evenly distribute olive oil. Add steak and sear on all sides, including edges, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook on one side for approximately 5-7 minutes. Turn steak and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until steak reaches desired level of doneness.
- Tip: Use an instant read thermometer to determine when the internal temperature is 5°F below the desired result.* (The temperature will continue to rise while the meat rests).
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. To serve, slice the steak against the grain and serve with your choice of side dishes.
© 2021 The Recipe Cookbook