- 1½ lbs. flank steak, sliced thin against the grain
- 2 Tbs cornstarch (non-GMO, preferably)
- 2-3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3” matchsticks
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbs Sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- ¾ cup tamari or coconut aminos
- ¾ cup warm water
- ¼ cup honey, preferably local
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 cup long-grain brown rice, cooked
- 2 large green onions, cut on the diagonal
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Place beef and cornstarch in a one-gallon freezer bag. Seal and turn to combine until steak is lightly coated. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add beef, working in batches if necessary, and brown on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Add additional olive oil, as necessary, to brown the remaining beef.
- Transfer beef to a plate and add one tablespoon olive oil to Instant Pot®. Add onion, carrots, ginger, and garlic, and cook, stirring continually, until onion and carrots are soft and turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from Instant Pot® and set aside.
- Return beef to the cooking container and add Sriracha sauce, sesame oil, tamari, water, honey and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add lid and set pressure valve to “Sealing” position. Select “Manual” option and set to high. Adjust cook time to 6 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and add sautéed veggies back to the container. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately over a bed of brown rice, topped with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
© 2021 The Recipe Cookbook