Beat the heat this summer with this refreshingly fruity iced tea. The best part? This quick and easy Instant Pot version is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
- 8 cups water
- 6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
- 4 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, finely minced
- Local honey, to taste
- 1 fresh peach, cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired.
Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.