Baked Avocado Eggs with a Crispy Bacon Topping
Get ready to start your day off right with this amazing breakfast dish! Not only does it taste fantastic, but it looks absolutely beautiful on your plate, too. And guess what? You won’t even have to clean up any pots or pans if you microwave the bacon instead of frying it. Talk about a win-win situation!
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now, cut the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Be sure to scoop out a bit of the avocado flesh around the pit to make some space for the egg. Don’t throw away the scooped-out flesh – you can use it for another recipe or mash it up with some salt and pepper to top off your baked avocado halves later on.
- Next, crack one egg into a small bowl, then gently pour it into one of the avocado halves. Repeat this process for the rest of the avocado halves. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on top of each one.
- Put your filled avocado halves into the preheated oven and let them cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- When they’re ready, take them out of the oven and sprinkle some shredded Cheddar Jack cheese and crispy bacon pieces on top. If you like, you can also add some chives or sliced green onions as garnish. Serve them up right away and enjoy!
- Here are a couple of tips to help you perfect this recipe. First, try to use large avocados and medium-sized eggs – this will help ensure that the egg white doesn’t overflow out of the avocado. Also, cracking each egg into a small bowl before pouring it into the avocado will help prevent any messy spills.
- Here’s another helpful trick: to keep your egg-filled avocados from tipping over while they bake, try positioning them over the holes of a muffin tin instead of on a flat baking sheet before putting them in the oven. That way, they’ll stay upright and bake evenly.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 320
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 48.27g75%
- Saturated Fat 21.66g109%
- Trans Fat 0.067g
- Cholesterol 739mg247%
- Potassium 1249mg36%
- Total Carbohydrate 6.85g3%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 3.28g
- Protein 47.92g96%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.