Delicious Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Casserole for ketogenic dieters and everyone else.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 Tbs water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
- Remove from heat and transfer broccoli to prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Nutritional Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for informational purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.