Try this delicious, quick and easy, low carb, chocolate mug cake especially created for low-carb and Keto dieters.
- ½ Tbs coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1¾ Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1½ Tbs low carb sweetener of choice*
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs heavy cream
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
*Nutritional information for recipe based on Swerve® brand granulated sweetener which reports zero net carbs because the ingredients do not affect blood sugar.
**Actual cooking time will vary depending on individual unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.