This quick and easy Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup is sure to please everyone. Absolutely delicious! Give a try today.
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. carrots, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup half & half, room temperature
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables become soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the carrots are fork tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
- Remove from heat and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (A regular blender or food processor can also be used for this step). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Return to medium heat and add half and half. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
© 2021 The Recipe Cookbook